Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Reservation

Living on the reservation was not easy for Junior nor his family because they lived in poverty and it kept them from achieving their dreams. Luckily for Junior, he understood what he had to do in order to create a better life for himself, and that was to go to Rearden. The Native Americans became angry and extremely envious at the fact that Junior now has the opportunity at Reardan to create a better life for himself. I couldn't easily compare my neighborhood to that of Juniors because I live in a very culturally diverse community. However, there is much debate over which  high schools are the "bad" schools and which are the "good." For example my neighborhood high schools would be considered Crane and Benito Juarez. Those schools aren't considered the good schools because hardly any kids graduate and it doesn't have as rigorous of a program that other schools offer their students. I feel like I'm in Juniors shoes. I could've chosen to take the easy route and go to either one of my neighborhood high schools but instead I decided to work hard to get into a prestigious school such as Whitney Young. 



No comments :

Post a Comment